Wednesday, June 27, 2012



NEWLYWEDS

     When are you no longer a newlywed? After 2 years? Maybe 3?  After your first fight?


I have been married now for a little over 2 years. I still very much feel "newly wed".  I am also still very excited by the idea of starting a new life together. We still have so many  more firsts to do together... the car, the house, the kid.

I can tell I am still in the "newly" stages because I am not completely comfortable with my last name yet. My husband is Italian and it's not too hard of a name but it never sounds right coming from my voice. When he and his family say it, it sounds sexy and exotic. When I say it I giggle inside my head because I think it's so cute.

(Take this time and say it out loud then say it in your head with an Italian accent... you giggled a bit didn't you?)

All of that being said, I wanna know a couple of things. I'm new to this whole "marriage- thing" so

What happens that turns us?     ... from one day to the next?


The WIFE instantly knows everything and only she knows where to find stuff (inside the home). The HUSBAND is a financial adviser with a compass built into his brain so he instantly knows directions to anywhere without having to look at a map, but can't find where the extra disposable razors are kept. (Really... it's as if he doesn't even live here)


Is this a game?
Is there some kind of rhythm we are creating that we will continue throughout our lives together?


I find it fascinating.


Do we become different people or is this just the "married" version of ourselves?


I don't wanna completely loose the ME that I know and am comfortable with, but I am a unit now. ( hee hee hee ... a unit. That sounds ridiculous but I'm sticking to it)




We work as a team to become successful, to achieve, to teach, to learn and I guess to WIN!


What I have learned in my short time in this "marriage-thing" is that there are a lot of prizes to win. I have won quite a few already and I am looking forwarded to winning more. But you can't do it alone. (I know... I've tried)

This is the Marriage in Training Series


Let's work it out, together, Dammit, NEENIESAYS



2 comments:

  1. I'm a romantic ... can't you two keep that "newlywed" vibe forever?

    BTW - why is it that male comedians are always so down on marriage? Are there any female comics that "break it down"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Samantha, I have looked for female comics that "break it down" but they are hard to find. I will continue the search.

      Delete